Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for a Cloud Engineer - Windows who has a passion for delivering killer web experiences and wowing their customers
What do we do?
- Work with high-visibility, enterprise-level customer(s) with global presence
- Use advanced problem-solving to resolve complex challenges in real time across a number of technical domains.
- Collaborate across the team and other internal groups to provide the best possible outcomes to meet client need.
- Use our experience to build state of the art support tools.
- Perform initial migration from current environments to our platform and private cloud
- Make requested/required as needed, modifications to the Windows, SQL, and IIS sites
- Maintenance and deployment of Microsoft operating systems and applications updates.
- Management and updating of Antivirus system to ensure virus and malware prevention and mitigation.
- Managing the systems Backup tools environment for scheduling and implementation and verification of Windows tasks.
- Managing System Health and Performance Monitoring tools and addressing issues that may arise.
- Passion for the web, open-source, and for helping others with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Evidence of a curious mind.
- Demonstrable experience in site development and PHP development
- An understanding of the LAMP stack and comfort using the command line / bash.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Customer service or customer engagement experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A genuinely fun place to work. We're a tight-knit team with a lot of energy and opportunities abound to work collaboratively with others, to improve our offerings and customer experiences. At the same time, we have an actual flag. Does your current job come with its own banner?
- We're not a call centre. Acquia is looking for engineers, not someone to just answer the phone. We provide opportunities to constantly learn and grow your technical skills while solving complex challenges involving cloud technology.
- When we say work/life balance, we mean it. Paid quarterly on-call, and a liberal vacation policy lead to a role where you can have a life, not just a job you can live with.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a working team.
- Adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognizes the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Demonstrates integrity by aligning Acquia's values with behaviors.
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right. Acts courageously and does the right thing, even when it's hard to do.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law