Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for a Manager, UX Research to oversee a small team of UX Researchers, to partner with other leaders to create the research strategy for some of the company’s key digital engagement and optimization products and services, and to also dig in and do some hands-on research. You will drive the strategy, moderate, and analyze research studies to support the product design and discovery process. You will be the voice of the customer and help drive the direction of Acquia’s products by uncovering and translating customer goals and needs into actionable insights and requirements. This role will be a member of the Customer Experience team, working closely with UX and CX designers, and across the larger R&D organization with product managers and engineers to plan and run research studies.
You’ll be joining a talented team of other researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-of-breed applications in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment.
Acquia offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Create and lead the UX Research strategy for Acquia’s products
- Manage UX Research team members
- Prepare for studies which employ a variety of research methodologies
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and objectives for research projects, and execute against these
- Prepare project plans, study plans, moderator’s guides, and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies
- Facilitate studies for approved initiatives
- Analyze, report, and track the results from research studies
- Create and review research reports/presentations with teams and key stakeholders
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants matching our personas using internal contacts, customer relationships, social media, and local events
- Moderate user research, including usability studies, site visits, and diary studies
- Create personas and scenarios to inform product and design decisions
- Partner with our UX designers to test and iterate design concepts
- Run Design Exercises, such as KJs and Design Sprints
- Conduct site audits and competitive analyses
- Develop user journey maps to identify areas of user frustration and delight
- Communicate and translate research insights into actionable recommendations that inform design and implementation
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships and listen to customers (internal and external) and address needs and concerns
Key Skills and Attributes
- 7+ years of experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative user research in all stages of the process (scoping, leading fieldwork, conducting in-context interviews, analysis, presenting recommendations)
- Expert level knowledge of User Experience principles and best practices
- Strong understanding of usability testing, field research, interviewing techniques, and qualitative methods
- Exceptional ability to create compelling presentations, facilitate sessions, and confidently convey insights through storytelling
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented. Ability to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Open, collaborative, team player with a passion for documenting insights and converting them into product designs
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work. Handle times of change in a way that drives innovation and iteration.
- Identify the specific information needed to clarify a situation or make a decision
- Ability to lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision and then into an actionable plan to deliver design specifications desired
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketch or equivalent
- Familiarity with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development or Drupal experience a plus
- Visual design or HTML and CSS skills will be given special consideration
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.