Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a creative talent with incredible graphic design and copywriting skills to complement. This is a varied, fast-paced position and a great opportunity to be part of a small in-house creative team within our Marketing Department. Reporting to the VP of Digital Marketing, this role is crucial to the ongoing success of creative, branding efforts within the Marketing team.
- Use your broad set of skills and graphic design software to create digital media (display, social media, etc), print and event designs, presentation and document designs, promotional items, marketing and advertising, etc.
- Take a design brief to visually creative end product in consideration of budgets
- Work with a wide range of media and use
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts; able to clearly articulate and present to peers and executive leadership
- Act upon the feedback received and thanks people for their insight; open to new ideas and listens to other people’s points of view. Edit, shape, and finalize designs, taking into consideration team feedback.
- Write email copy and high engagement Facebook ads, working with our marketing analyst to ensure optimized ad performance
- Brainstorm and present new copy concepts to the team
- Respond positively to opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work; handle times of change in a way that drive innovation and iteration.
- Partner with social media manager to create engaging organic social media posts
- Perform work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Savvy in understanding and developing creative work that fits with the overall brand strategy, not just a particular project or assignment
- Take on additional responsibilities both inside and outside of the job without prompting.
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelors degree in an Arts discipline such as Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Commercial Art, Web Design, or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with graphic design/art direction, in the context/fields of advertising, creative agency, creative marketing firm, "in-house" corporate creative environment, or equivalent
- Experience designing for not only digital, but also traditional, media
- A highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple creative projects from start to finish along with strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to clearly explain design concepts and solutions and accept constructive feedback
- Quickly understand the brand, products and services offered by the applicable area of responsibility
- Fluency in the most current industry creative editing software including Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects) as well as PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slide design.
- Portfolio of relevant work required
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.