Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for a passionate PHP application engineer to work in our Lift or Content Hub Engineering Team. The successful candidate will partner with a small team using the latest PHP techniques and frameworks to create a simple, fast and highly usable interface. Lift and Content Hub allow Acquia customers to unify customer data across channels and sources and utilize that data to deliver personalized and syndicated digital experiences.
To be successful in this job, the developer must accomplish the following results:
- Create technical solutions that meet the Product Owner’s objectives and counter the Team’s challenges.
- Create robust, efficient, modularized, and easy to maintain code that works in multiple scenarios of site setups.
- Manually conduct and create automated tests to assert product’s existing and future integrity.
- Support active and future customers through their requests, inquiries, and bug reports.
- As progressing, improve the quality of development.
- Experience with complex PHP projects on modern PHP frameworks. Drupal preferred.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent written and spoken English.
- Skilled at collaborating with team members, partners, and customers.
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities.
- Opinionated and open to building secondary skill sets.
- Ability to develop, review, test, and deploy custom Drupal modules.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Experience working in any a Web-based Content Management System.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in web development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred; or equivalently, 4+ years hands-on experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a working team.
- Adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognizes the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right. Acts courageously and does the right thing, even when it's hard to do.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.