Acquia is seeking a Manager of Cloud Engineering with experience and passion for building and leading high performing complex engineering organizations. You must have a deep and proven track record of leading technology teams entering the maturity phase and potentially through future financial events. You will advocate for technology, infrastructure, quality, security, performance, and operational ownership and continuously improve both process and people. You will be responsible for managing and recruiting world-class engineering teams. You must be a driven, challenging, decisive thinker and manager. You will report to the Sr Director of Engineering.
- Recruit and coach a passionate team of highly skilled back-end developers.
- Work with the Product Owner and the tech lead to manage the backlog and priorities of the team you are responsible for
- Work closely with other product owners, product managers, and company stakeholders to plan roadmaps, product releases and sprints
- Act as a strong servant-leader, removing impediments in the team's way and helping the team find the optimum path forward
- Promote agile best practices using Scrum
- Identify opportunities for consuming open-source projects and contributing code back to the open-source community. You believe in building on the shoulders of giants instead of re-inventing the wheel
- Ensure code quality and sound system architecture to allow our services to scale and be extended as needed
- Manage the budget, processes, security, compliance and all team related activities for your teams
- Respond quickly to operational incidents and customer escalations
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and concepts, PaaS, and AWS
- Trained in Agile methodologies, prior experience as a Scrum Master
- 3+ years managing technical teams and building SaaS or PaaS products using agile processes and engineering best practices
- Deep experience with LAMP hosting architectures (Varnish, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, etc.)
- 5+ years experience building high-quality software as an individual contributor in web scripting languages (Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.)
- Experience running Cloud workloads on a service such as Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and continually acquiring new skills
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science, or other technical discipline preferred
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects in parallel and to deliver on plan
- Experience recruiting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams
- A professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with managing a large number of MySQL clusters
- Experience with managing Gluster clusters
- Contributor (developer) to Open Source projects a plus
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.