Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
We are actively seeking a Supervisor of Revenue Accounting to join our Finance Organisation as a key member of the Revenue Team reporting to the Revenue Manager. This individual must have a strong understanding of revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
The Supervisor of Revenue Accounting is responsible for managing the billing team in the EMEA region, acting as the finance representative in regards to contract negotiations, assisting with certain Sales Operations functions, in addition to assisting with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls within Revenue Accounting. The ideal candidate would be an accountant by trade who can also manage people and assist in all sales support activities.
- Work closely with Sales, Legal, and Operations to ensure all contractual issues are identified and addressed appropriately in advance of execution.
- Ensuring revenue transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 605-25, 985-605, ASC 606, etc).
- Assist the team in adoption of ASC 606 and the related documentation and analysis.
- Review customer arrangements to conclude the appropriate revenue recognition treatment and to identify any issues.
- Assist in maintaining, monitoring, and reconciling the Company’s deferred revenue and unbilled receivables accounts.
- Assist in Maintaining the Company’s Fair Value analysis for all product lines (BESP, VSOE).
- Assist in calculating the Company’s Monthly Relative Sales Value calculations and allocations.
- Manage a one person billing team and ensure the growth of that individual.
- Involvement with various Sales Operations functions
- Monitor Company’s professional services billing and revenue recognition.
- Review and formally document all material revenue generating transactions in accordance with Company policies.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed.
- Identify opportunities and assist Company in process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting in experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- SFDC or other CRM system experience.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, Intacct).
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries, and deliver results.