Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a CX (Customer Experience) Service Designer to deliver the customer experience for some of the company’s key products and services. You know that creating a truly memorable customer experience goes beyond the product UI, that good design requires strong partnerships across teams, and you’re an advocate for such. You are strong in service design and UX design with an interest and perhaps a bit of experience in research. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of design to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences. You approach things systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details. You are equally as comfortable running a workshop as you are heads down in designing software. You enjoy solving problems.
You’ll be joining a talented team of CX Designers, UX Designers, and Researchers, chartering and executing on projects to create the best possible customer experiences for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-of-breed applications and customer journeys in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment.
Acquia offers fabulous company benefits and a highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Deliver best-in-class customer experiences (service designs, journey maps, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment
- Fully understand and be a strong advocate for the Voice of the Customer
- Run cross-functional workshops with teams that touch the full customer journey; everyone from Marketing and Sales through to Customer Support
- Seek out gaps in the customer experience and charter initiatives to research and strategize how to make it optimal
- Perform UX and process evaluations and recommend improvements related to user interfaces and other aspects of the customer journey
- Partner with our UX designers to create product experiences that delight
- Partner with our UX researchers to test and iterate design concepts
- Take initiative, plan projects, and accurately report progress
- Liaise with teams across Acquia to ensure appropriate implementation of designs and recommendations
- Translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences. You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Ensure best design practices and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Spend time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand user needs and evaluate designs
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- 5+ years experience
- A thorough understanding of customer experience, service design, user-centered design, with excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision and then into an actionable plan to deliver design specifications desired
- Proficiency in software tools such as InVision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Experience with enterprise software development, cloud software, product management, user testing or experience with Drupal will also be a plus
- Experience running workshops
- Experience with designing data visualization and analytics applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment and partnering effectively with Product Management and Engineering stakeholders
- Online portfolio or links to work examples required
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.