Data Scientist - Data Products | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is looking for a Data Scientist to power the internal products and insights that help our users make decisions at the core of Acorns on investing, growth, user experiences and more. We want you to apply the best machine learning models, create the most clever hacks, design the best architectures, and help us improve how investors save and invest their hard earned money.
- Go end-to-end and take models from prototype to production
- Build algorithms that touch the cutting edge of machine learning
- Work across the entire company, from listening to customers to pitching ideas to the CEO
- Wrangle data and find solutions regardless of speed or scale — everything is in play, from Hadoop to relational databases and beyond
- Partner Business Development Analytics
- Data Product Analytics
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related field with 3+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Python, Scala, R, with related machine learning packages
- Background in data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and modeling, with experience deploying models in a production environment
- Experience with advertising analytics, such as:
- Multi channel attribution models
- Determining ad effectiveness, reach, ROI by segment
- Packaging analytics to support business development
- Natural Language Processing and text cleansing
- Experience supporting affiliate and lead generation businesses
- Strong SQL abilities and experience with massive relational database systems.
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to take complex, ambiguous topics and create compelling narratives for different audiences.
- Driven to learn fast, be creative, and win as a team
- PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related field
- Ability to write production quality code
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches and an endless supply of snacks
- Stumptown cold brew coffee for the fearless
- Beautiful, chill office space with graffiti art
- Shiny, new MacBooks and iMacs
- Corporate gym access
- Cool, smart people and strong sense of community
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society