Social Media Marketing Manager | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking an experienced Social Media Marketing Manager to run and manage our social media presence across various networks. As a leader within the Marketing team, the Social Media Marketing Manager will own the development and execution of Acorns’ overall social strategy, hugely important for connecting and learning from our consumer and business audiences.
Acorns is the fastest growing investment app in history. Social media is a fantastic place for Acorns to engage our users and delight and educate our investors - Foster a community, if you will.
- Create informative and inspiring content across all social media channels
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar; Work closely with Design and Product teams to develop campaigns that coincide with product updates, announcements and general market news
- Define insight driven approach to Acorns’ social media strategy; Including platform mix and prioritization, content emphasis, and commitment to performance measurement
- Champion our brand through content consistency and innovation
- Optimize process to post, respond and measure across all social channels
- Collaborate across teams-- Strategy, Product, HR, Recruiting, Technology, and Executive-- to bridge content to business priorities
- Understand industry regulations and interface with legal team on content compliance
- Inspire collaboration within the team to deliver impact through campaign integration
- BS/BA in Marketing and Communications and/or a related field
- Track record of building brands through social media and innovative content, from concept through execution
- 3-5 years’ agency or client side experience in social media content development and social media management
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn and others
- Understanding of social media techniques such as hashtags, @mentions, and trending topics
- Mixture of direct response and brand marketing is a plus
- Experience creating content for the young adult audience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities under tight deadlines
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches and an endless supply of snacks
- Stumptown cold brew coffee for the fearless
- Beautiful, chill office space with graffiti art
- Shiny, new MacBooks and iMacs
- Corporate gym access
- Cool, smart people and strong sense of community
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society