Director of Business Development - Central | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a Director of Business Development in the Central region to build relationships with key partners and identify opportunities to drive growth in partnership.
This position partners directly with the VP of Business Development to execute and deliver on internal and external marketing and business development initiatives. Within this role, you will define long-term strategic goals in the Central region, build customer and partner relationships, identify business opportunities, and maintain knowledge of current marketing conditions.
- Supports the VP of Business Development as the lead resource regarding Central business development activities, as well as operational and management projects
- Work with marketing leadership to develop and implement marketing goals, initiatives, and strategies to support business development and growth in the Central region
- Build relationships with key partners and identify opportunities to drive volume growth across a variety of verticals
- Conducts research on clients/prospects, industries, competitors, organizations and conferences; Create RFPs/proposals, market analyses, marketing/sponsorship opportunities and other business development efforts to drive volume
- Help manage day-to-day operations of partnership efforts in the Central region including relationship management, reporting and, technical integrations
- Read industry, legal, and business publications to remain aware of trends that may impact the practice and to identify promotional opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with product team to scope and drive partner-driven product initiatives that will help expand volume.
- Ensure partner and campaign compliance in partnership with Securities team
- Handles other ad hoc projects and reporting as needed
- BA/BS from top-tier university
- 5+ years of experience in sales management or sales development management, preferably in loyalty or enterprise applications
- Experience building and maintaining high-level partner relationships (Director level and above)
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to maintain momentum and drive to close high value deals
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience developing and structuring agreements
- Proven track record of overachievement of quota expectations
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society