Copywriter | Acorns
Acorns is how everyday consumers can save & invest for the long term. By putting tools of responsible wealthmaking in everyone’s hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving millions of everyday Americans subscribers. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts like Nobel Laureate economist, Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns easy retirement account allows customers to invest for a better life later in minutes, no expertise required. To help everyone spend smarter, Acorns introduced banking that invests with every swipe, and cash-forward rewards. And, everyday Americans may invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. Customers have invested billions with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
We’re looking for a Copywriter to join the brand team! Alongside the creative team, you’ll write, edit, and concept against all brand, marketing, and business development content. We’re looking for someone who can write against every channel imaginable: podcasts, TikTok videos, emails, commercials, web, in-app copy — if there’s something that needs to be written, you’ll help shape it.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Begin to write, edit, and concept against all things copy for Acorns, which includes digital ads, emails, web, product, video, social, marketing campaigns, and more
- Collaborate with marketers to hone messaging across all of Acorns’ different products and features
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work alongside Compliance and Legal to ensure copy is compliant with relevant regulations and laws
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and juggle varied writing demands
- Internalize the Acorns brand voice, and distribute it across all of your work to ensure consistency across all touchpoints
Within 6 months, you will:
- Help evolve the voice of the brand
What you’ll bring to Acorns:
- 3 to 5 years of professional copywriting experience
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work across multiple formats is mandatory
- A proofreader’s eye that never misses a period or an oxford comma
- Fanatical attention to detail with the ability to self-edit
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong POV on what makes for a good user experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way