iOS Engineer II l Acorns
- Automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts.
- Easy retirement account that allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required.
- Banking that invests with every swipe, allows you to invest from each paycheck, and helps customers get paid up to 2 days early
- Investment account for kids, multiple kids included
- Investment bonuses from brands where you shop
- Money news and education on-the-go
Acorns is seeking a talented iOS Engineer! We are looking for someone with a background building rich, scalable software, who thrives solving complex engineering problems with simple, elegant solutions.
As an iOS developer, your typical week will involve collaborating with product and other engineering teams such as Android, frontend, backend, and QA to plan and build out new features and infrastructure to build reliable and cohesive financial products. You will explore and deliver amazing native iOS product experiences that wow users and drive our key metrics forward.
You will be joining our highly autonomous and passionate engineering team that promotes a customer first, result driven and collaborative culture, you’ll have the opportunity to further shape and build a strong engineering culture, adopt efficient and practical PRD process and collaborate with our talented design, product, education and marketing teams to drive 10x growth for our business.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all technologies listed. We're looking for experienced engineers that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself and work with the various teams here from backend, QA, design, product, and more.
- Learn about our roadmap and all the exciting new projects coming soon.
- Get your first code into the App Store and learn about our development and release processes.
- Familiarize yourself with our codebase and products.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Ramp up on understanding the major projects for your team
- Learn and help contribute to the conventions and architecture of our iOS app
- Work closely with your product and design team to help contribute to a feature of our app
Within 6 months, you will:
- Take full ownership of at least one feature, from requirements to implementation
- Identify areas for improvement and drive your vision for Acorns technology forward
- Contribute to and evangelize Acorns engineering culture
- Provide insight into iOS application development best practices; Support decisions around framework and tool choices.
- Build efficient and reusable iOS abstractions; Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BS in Computer Science or 3-5 years of professional software experience
- 3-5 years experience developing native iOS applications
- Deep knowledge of native iOS applications built in Swift
- Ability to weigh and communicate the pros and cons of different approaches
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS applications (point us to your work in the App Store)
- Experience building high-performance, dynamic UI programmatically using autolayout strategies
- Experience implementing third-party SDKs on iOS (Social Media, Marketing/Crash Analytics, etc)
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented (OO) application design and development, Cocoa Touch design patterns, algorithm design
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment with a version-control system like git
- Passionate about making high user impact and moving key metrics
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way