Sr. Data Analyst | Acorns
- Automated investing in diversified portfolios, built with help from experts.
- Easy retirement account that allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, no expertise required.
- Banking that invests with every swipe, allows you to invest from each paycheck, and helps customers get paid up to 2 days early
- Investment account for kids, multiple kids included
- Investment bonuses from brands where you shop
- Money news and education on-the-go
Acorns is actively seeking a highly-motivated Sr. Business Analyst. The Sr. Business Analyst will join our data analytics team, collaborating with Product, Operations, Data Science and Marketing teams to draw insights from our data.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself and become integrated with the Acorns team
- Familiarize yourself with the business, metrics definitions, and data structures
- Complete training on analytics tools, including Tableau, Databricks, Redshift, Amplitude, and Optimizely
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work closely with stakeholders in Product, Business Development, Operations, Marketing, and Data Science to identify business needs and analytics opportunities
- Analyze big data, distill insights, and make business recommendations to drive product and strategy decisions
- Develop and deploy new tools for automated reporting and decision-making
- Apply statistical knowledge and data modeling to drive business objectives
Within 6 months, you will:
- Conduct rigorous, fact-based analysis to advise senior management on critical business decisions
- Scope and develop scalable analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and the broader organization
- Augment and develop data reporting tools that automate and streamline business intelligence processes
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative field with a minimum of five years of experience in analytics or consulting
- Intermediate level of SQL, Python or R, including knowledge of basic packages and libraries
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization technology
- Intermediate level with Excel (e.g. logical statements, v/hlookups, sumifs, etc.), Microsoft Office, and Keynote
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing demanding deadlines, working with multiple clients, and working with limited resources or information
- Strong intellectual curiosity and love of problem solving.
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Marketing, or Business
- Experience with implementing A/B and multivariate testing (e.g. hypothesis testing, sample size calculations, etc.)
- Experience with A/B testing tools such as Optimizely as well as product and web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Amplitude
- Previous experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with Lifecycle Marketing Analytics, Performance Marketing Analytics or Product Analytics
- Strong experience in data querying / and building summary tables for analytics
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way