Android Developer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a talented Android Developer that is passionate about Android and Java and thrives on solving complex engineering problems with simple, elegant solutions.
Acorns provides an outstanding opportunity to take an active role in shaping an award-winning product working with our talented team of engineers, designers and investment industry experts who are obsessed with introducing investing to millions of people around the world through our revolutionary new investment platform.
- Design and build advanced applications for consumer facing applications operating on the Android platform
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1-3 years experience developing native Android applications
- 5 years of experience in mobile or web application development
- Have at least one app published in the Google Play Store
- Knowledge of the Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Go, Scala
- Experience working as part of an agile software development team including interaction with a source code repository (GitHub or SVN)
- Continuous integration considered a plus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches and an endless supply of snacks
- Stumptown cold brew coffee for the fearless
- Beautiful, chill office space with graffiti art
- Shiny, new MacBooks and iMacs
- Corporate gym access
- Cool, smart people and strong sense of community
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society