Software Engineering Internship | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking talented Engineering interns with a passion for learning and building software that drives our values, mission and business.
As an engineering intern at Acorns, you will learn how to build and ship code, gain better understanding of the full development cycle and make a real impact on our product.
We’ll provide support and training as you gain exposure to a fast-growing startup powered by a wildly talented team.
- Collaborate with Engineering team to build innovative solutions while bringing new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table
- Write high-quality code with one or more programming languages
- Produce excellent design and development documentation
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, machine learning, mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Required: Junior standing and above
- Must be able to work on-site for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to provide 20 hours per week
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Hunger to learn new technologies
- Passion, drive, and ability to thrive in a startup environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society