Software Engineer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven Software Engineer. At Acorns, you will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle including new feature development, bug fixes, testing and maintenance of the Acorns applications. We want you to bring your passion for software craftsmanship, testing, and complete ownership of the products you build - helping us continue making our award winning apps and services the best they can be.
- Architect, design, and code new features and enhancements of a complex financial platform
- Participate in setting standards and best practices for a growing engineering organization
- BS or MS in Computer Science, EE or related field
- 1+ years of Ruby, Java, Python or Scala experience
- Experience building/optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with basic HTML/CSS
- Object oriented fundamentals (OOA, OOP, OOD)
- Understanding basic algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of working in an Agile Environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development and evangelistic about testing
- Financial Institution/FinTech experience
- Contribution to Open Source project(s)
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches and an endless supply of snacks
- Stumptown cold brew coffee for the fearless
- Beautiful, chill office space with graffiti art
- Shiny, new MacBooks and iMacs
- Corporate gym access
- Cool, smart people and strong sense of community
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society