QA Engineer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is actively seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven Sr. QA Automation Engineer. The Sr. QA position will reside in the Engineering group, which serves as the central development team for the company.
The team is responsible for developing mobile and web applications and addressing any issues or IT changes that must be addressed to maintain proper functionality of our investor user applications. In this role you will be a vital component to the success of our Engineering team. This is a full-time, direct hire position, working regular hours, located in Irvine, CA. Local candidates only.
- Design and build advanced automated test suites
- Implement and execute automation strategies on all supported platforms and languages to help improve overall quality and test code coverage
- Define, implement and maintain test plans, test specifications and test suites. Participate in product feature and infrastructure engineering design reviews
- Certify product feature releases through automation
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years QA Engineer experience
- Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes and tools
- Experience with Selenium and PhantomJS
- Experience testing API’s using automation tools
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with SQL and Unix (Linux preferred)
- Experience in mobile testing and automation (Calabash/Ruby)
- Experience performance testing large distributed systems
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches and an endless supply of snacks
- Stumptown cold brew coffee for the fearless
- Beautiful, chill office space with graffiti art
- Shiny, new MacBooks and iMacs
- Corporate gym access
- Cool, smart people and strong sense of community
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society