Sr. iOS Developer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a talented iOS application engineer that is passionate about iOS and Objective-C and thrives on solving complex engineering problems with simple, elegant solutions.
Acorns provides an outstanding opportunity to take an active role in shaping an award-winning product working with our talented team of engineers, designers and investment industry experts who are obsessed with introducing investing to millions of people around the world through our revolutionary new investment platform.
- Produce complex user interfaces and experiences for native iOS applications based on detailed UI/UX designs
- Integrate with in-house and third-party RESTful data APIs
- Analyze, debug and resolve application issues which affect the end-user experience
- Work with minimal supervision (and appropriate guidance) to extend and improve the Acorns native IOS application(s) working as part of an agile software development team
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience building native, data-driven iOS applications using Apple Xcode/Objective-C and/or Swift
- One (1) or more applications successfully deployed to the Apple App Store with multiple releases/updates
- Demonstrable skills and experience in implementing high-performance, dynamic UI programmatically using both conventional and autolayout strategies
- Experience implementing third-party SDKs on iOS (Social Media, Marketing/Crash Analytics, etc)
- Prior experience working with CoreData/NSManagedObject in a deployed application
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented (OO) application design and development, Cocoa Touch design patterns, algorithm design
- Experience working as part of an agile software development team including interaction with a source code repository (GitHub or SVN)
- Full-stack development experience in Ruby or Java, preferably on Amazon EC2/AWS infrastructure
- Database administration and development experience on any RDBMS platform using SQL
- Contribution to an open-source software project
- Knowledge and understanding of the basics of investing, modern portfolio theory, fundamental investment portfolio calculations
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society