Customer Support | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking Customer Support to build and maintain customers’ trust in Acorns as a revolutionary investing service.
Through your product know-how and brilliant customer service, you’ll help our users navigate through timely technical resolutions, product features, and best practices.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn about the fundamentals of Acorns mission and vision
- Go through two-week training course that covers the policies, procedures and internal tools
- Learn how to provide exceptional customer service as the point of user contact for all inquiries, concerns, and product requests via phone and email
- Customer feedback is important, you’ll Identify and escalate customer and product issues appropriately
- Gain a deep understanding of product knowledge and how it directly impacts our customers
- Meet with your Team Lead to go over performance and quality metrics
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have dedicated 1x1’s with your Team Lead to focus on your strengths and areas of opportunities
- Go through chat training and focus on chat etiquette
- Improving efficiency by understanding all workflows, policies and procedures
- Participate in weekly team meetings to gain insight on company updates and provide feedback on ways to improve the customer experience
- Master your soft skills and empathy to build rapport with every customer who contacts support
- Enroll in training to receive your licenses for Series 7 & 66
Within 12 months, you will:
- Weekly training to take licenses for Series 7 & 66
- Have met or exceeded performance goals set by your Team Lead
- Understand the company org chart and how each role functions
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BA/BS degree required
- 0-2 years of account management/customer service experience
- A passion for Acorns and a desire to share that enthusiasm and knowledge with customers
- Strong relationship building skills with a commitment to service and delivery
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Masterful problem-solving skills identifying customer need and providing thoughtful solutions
- Exceptional customer-focused instincts with the ability to prioritize and escalate issues
- High degree of professionalism and poise
- Meticulous to a fault with a proven ability to multi- task
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, with flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Spanish proficiency a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Advance our society