SUMMER 2020 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION
DIGITAL, TECH & ANALYTICS (e-commerce), NY
The Digital, Tech & Analytics Department of the National ACLU office has an opening for an undergraduate digital internship in New York.
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, advancing racial justice, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties and civil rights cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than one million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, and record of arrest or conviction.
The e-commerce intern will help run the ACLU store.
- Time Commitment: The internship requires a full-time commitment of 35 hours per week.
- Internship Duration: Internships are a 10-week period. Summer interns are expected to start on June 1 or June 22
- Stipend: A stipend is available for those students who do not receive outside funding and/or course credit. Arrangements can be made with educational institutions for work/study or course credit.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regular online store updates
- Organizing store items
- Collecting and analyzing data in the online store
- Helping brainstorm new products, merchandise strategies, and promotional campaigns
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Interns should possess the following:
- Previous e-commerce experience for a major brand or retailer
- Understanding of the internet and social media trends
- Comfortable with looking at data
- A commitment to civil liberties, civil rights, and social justice.
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled.
This posting provides a general but not comprehensive list of the opportunities of the internship. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.