ABOUT THE JOB
- Write & run SQL database queries as needed
- Prepare and run upload files
- Assist with documenting Development data rules and processes and the formatting of data files for upload, as needed
- Assist with troubleshooting of system and data issues in Salesforce
- Assist in troubleshooting and data cleanup/hygiene tasks as needed
- Manage request queue and ensure timely responses
- Respond to service requests from business users
- Maintain tables as needed
- Merge duplicate accounts as needed
- Assist in track and update status of data projects and assist in project management
- Assist with training Development staff as needed
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Center principles of equity, inclusion, and belonging in all work, embedding the values in program development, policy application, and organizational practices and processes
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Intermediate or higher SQL skills required
- Experience working with Salesforce, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Experience working with database systems, preferably fundraising systems and/or advocacy systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, decision-making ability, the ability to take initiative, and work on multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose, edit, and proof correspondence and documents
- Experience working in nonprofit development and advocacy departments
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other fundraising database systems, Civis, Looker and other business intelligence tools and related platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially, Access & Excel)
The annual salary for this position is $72,141 (Level J). This salary is reflective of a position based in New York, NY. This salary will be subject to a locality adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting. Note that most of the salaries listed on our job postings reflect New York, NY salaries, where our National offices are headquartered.
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
The ACLU makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.