The Executive Administrator must be an organized self-starter that skillfully prioritizes and artfully juggles multiple demands with sound judgement and attention to detail. They must be resourceful, timely, and have the ability to proactively anticipate needs within a fast-paced environment.
In addition to ensuring the smooth daily functioning of the ACLU of Kentucky office with its staff of 18 people, the Executive Administrator must prioritize management of all organizational accounts. They will administer employee benefits and manage the organization’s facilities.
The Executive Administrator will provide administrative support for the executive and deputy directors. A high level of discretion is required as this position routinely deals with highly confidential and sensitive information and a diverse group of external parties, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure timely processing of invoices, reimbursements, ACH transfers, credit card reconciliation, and all related financial transactions; this includes coding all materials in preparation for bookkeeper entry and check cutting, then preparing checks for mailing and filing all associated documentation.
- Ensure timely bank deposits of donation checks within one week of being received; coding and processing checks as well as coding and processing ACH transfers and credit card transactions for database entry for development staff.
- Work with bookkeeper and development staff to ensure monthly reconciliations between bookkeeping and database systems.
- Work with bookkeeper to ensure timely completion of reports, audits, and forms for the National ACLU and State of Kentucky.
- Maintain insurance policies, subscriptions, and registrations to ensure compliance with legal standards;
- Maintain files on company vendors’ contracts and correspondence
- Schedule and confirm administrative appointments, meetings and travel for executive and deputy directors, as requested.
- Coordinate staff and board out of state travel and logistics, staff attendance to community events.
- Provide food, prep materials, manage logistics and setup, and take notes at Board-related activities, including meetings, trainings, etc. that customarily take place after business hours.
- Coordinate with payroll management company on any updates to employee personal information, payroll, and withholdings.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Administer and oversee benefits, including but not limited to dental and health insurance, pension, 401(k), and pre-tax withholdings.
- Support onboarding of new employees in coordination with deputy director and project directors
- Report to National ACLU on human resources issues as necessary.
- Contact building management and vendors for maintenance requests; oversee repairs.
- Act as a liaison with the landlord.
- Manage and oversee office security with support from external vendor.
- Answering phones; responding to general inquiries and directing to the appropriate staff person.
- Purchase/maintain office equipment and supplies; maintain and organize inventory.
- Manage file storage and archiving procedures and ensure compliance with records retention and confidentiality guidelines
- Maintain all office equipment and systems (including, but not limited to: phones, copiers, fax machines, etc.). Contact and interface with vendors and customer service for repairs as needed.
- Assist staff with day-to-day troubleshooting of technology and serve as liaison with IT consultant;
- Ensure department-owned IT is aligned with company-wide systems. Serve as reviewer and approver of new IT requests and implementations.
- Familiarity of the organization and its needs, sufficient to know when and who in the organization should be involved in addressing organizational challenges
- Critical Thinking: Able to develop and implement procedures and rules regarding routine workflows
- Decision Making: Uses organizational vision and mission to set goals; develop and implement tactics; assume ownership and exercise a high degree of discretion
- Leadership: May manage people, teams, projects as needed to support Executive leadership.
- Ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, analyze situations, develop effective solutions, and take initiative to facilitate the smooth operations and schedules for the executive and deputy directors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization to the public as well as interface with all levels of staff and volunteers while maintaining tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Experience in coordinating and organizing logistics and travel arrangements, meetings, events, and trainings.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, stay organized, and complete assignments under deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Understanding of, and passion for, ACLU mission. A personal approach that values and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance, and able to work with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community.
The salary for this position will be $57,900.
How to Apply: Please submit responses and attach the following here https://h2rconsultingllc.applicantpro.com/jobs/1481395.html:
- Letter of interest
- 3 professional references
All materials must be submitted by 5PM EDT, Sunday, September 6, 2020.