ABOUT THE JOB
The ACLU seeks a full-time position of Director of Nationwide Development Resources in the Development Department of the ACLU’s National office.
The ACLU’s passionate community of donors and activists is stronger than ever. The mission of the ACLU’s Development Department is to unlock the full potential of donors and the ACLU as partners in the creation of a more perfect union. We pursue our mission by building long-term donor relationships and organizational partnerships, by demonstrating impact in response to threats, by engaging donors how they wish to engage, by taking interest in our donors and facilitating personal action, by being accountable stewards of their funds, and by asking donors to consider giving the ACLU their full support.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Director of Nationwide Development Resources empowers ACLU fundraising staff at the national office and in all 54 affiliates to build their fundraising capacity. The position oversees a team responsible for refining and advancing the ACLU nationwide fundraising model, including supporting all affiliate and national fundraisers with major donor portfolio composition reviews and donor strategy support; resources that advance equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging among our nationwide development teams and through our communications with donors; business intelligence reporting; prospect management; fundraising and database best practices; solicitation and fundraising systems training and documentation; consulting; and onboarding and offboarding.
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, growth, management, and planning of the Development Department as a member of its senior team
- In collaboration with national and affiliate partners, continue to refine the ACLU Nationwide Fundraising Model and develop systems and business intelligence resources and tools that drive performance, best practices, and collaboration nationwide
- Oversee a team that serves as a centralized hub for all Development resources nationwide, including triaging and responding to questions and requests, developing and managing an ongoing internal communications plan, managing Development intranet resources, and providing support to national and affiliate fundraisers that ensures stakeholders are knowledgeable about resources, projects, and priorities
- Collaborate with national and affiliate staff to develop and manage solicitor training programs, including engaging outside trainers and consultants
- Oversee the training of national and affiliate staff on the effective use, data standards, best practices, and strategic applications of our Salesforce CRM and related business intelligence tools including Looker
- Develop and execute nationwide and targeted development staff conferences and convenings, including onboarding programs for new fundraising staff
- Experience managing a major gifts program, development training program, or major donor prospect management program with a focus on building capacity, systems, and cross-organizational staff relationships to help unlock the full potential of donors as partners in a complex fundraising structure
- Experience with frontline fundraising and development program management
- Experience applying sound judgement in leading a team and developing internal relationships and partnerships that fulfill mutual interests and priorities
- Ability to drive organizational change and build a productive culture of collaboration and trust
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences regarding race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills including ability to positively influence and persuade, and to use listening, diplomacy, and tact to build internal relationships
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience working at national or international nonprofits
- Experience with c3 and c4 fundraising
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The ACLU makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.