ABOUT THE JOB
- Experience successfully managing teams in large, complex organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated ability to create structures to effectively manage personal and team deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write in succinct, informative and friendly manner such that content, expectations and timelines are clearly understood by audience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from a variety of sources; prioritizing effectively to impact areas of greatest need and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience which includes leading diverse teams
- CPA with extensive knowledge of GAAP and current accounting best practices, including upcoming regulatory changes to reporting requirements
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software; aptitude for learning new financial technology
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products required, with advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, if statements)
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.