ABOUT THE JOB
- Support the day-to-day work and long-term priorities of Chief Financial Officer, including workflow management
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects related to the CFO’s portfolio to ensure smooth operations
- Draft memos, presentations and other documents in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with CFO and Senior Manager of Finance Operations to drive efficiencies and accountability for the Finance team through team meeting coordination and deliverables follow-through
- Schedule a high volume of appointments/meetings and manage complex calendars for the CFO
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including:
- Act as liaison for Chief Financial Officer with internal & external partners, answering questions, and routing requests appropriately
- Work enthusiastically and take initiative to support the varying needs of the Chief Financial Officer and senior ACLU staff
- Schedule, plan, and help facilitate on-site as well as off-site meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated track record of success in complex, fast paced work environments with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Creative, critical, strategic thinker who is self-motivated, possessing the ability to operate as well independently as part of a team
- Willing to conquer the “small tasks” with an understanding of their vital importance in the success of the organization
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise a high level of discretion
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills, comfort with numerical reasoning
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Experience supporting high-level staff or executives
- Experience with web and digital platforms
- Experience with bookkeeping and budgeting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance, or related analytical field
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.