ABOUT THE JOB
- Help execute compelling digital campaigns that drive supporters to take action and donate to the ACLU with a special focus on maximizing online fundraising opportunities
- Code and test responsive HTML and CSS emails using email marketing software; review and edit emails to ensure quality
- Produce and test online advocacy forms, donation forms, event forms, and other campaign landing pages
- Develop and maintain documentation of team processes and workflows for production
- Help implement A/B and multivariate split tests across email, text and web, and assist with reporting in collaboration with our Analytics department
- Support their team in identifying opportunities for high-impact digital engagement and advocacy campaigns through email and text channels
- Work cross-departmentally as well as with vendors, consultants and contractors to produce online text and email campaigns
- Assist with weekend email and text campaigns as part of a rotating coverage schedule. This includes off-hours production work, as needed, for live coverage of high-priority events or “breaking news” moments
- As needed, help support ACLU affiliates across the country develop and deploy digital campaigns, and leverage best practices related to email and text outreach
- Contribute to a culture of continuous, data-driven learning and evaluation
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient using HTML and CSS to code responsive emails for multiple email clients
- Familiarity with a range of online campaigning tools, tactics and strategies
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills; strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize under deadlines, and commitment to high quality standards
- Basic constituent relationship management (CRM) system and email marketing platform experience required
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- One (1) year of experience or more in digital marketing, online campaigning, or related fields
- Drupal, Springboard, Salesforce, and Sailthru experience preferred
- Understanding of trends and best practices for communicating via email and SMS text message
- Familiarity with creating basic reports, including pivot tables and graphs, in Microsoft Excel or similar
- Experience working with and interpreting web and email analytics preferred
- A strong desire to test and learn, this includes a comfort with failure and a desire to learn from failures in order to improve
- Excellent collaboration qualities, ability to work in a dynamic environment with a fast-paced and passionate team
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.