ABOUT THE JOB
- Hands-on Salesforce Administration
- Perform Salesforce administrative functions, such as the creation and configuration of users, custom objects, fields, reports, triggers, etc
- Debug complex technical issues, delivering appropriate immediate fixes & long-term solutions
- Uphold defined business practices and a high standard in data quality and integrity
- Be an autonomous problem solver. Strive for answers independently, but know when it’s time to ask for help, who to ask, and what to ask
- Work with our Donor Data team to implement a proactive discovery and monitoring process/system, based on industry best practice, for data integrity, consistency, and hygiene problems
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex data issues across multiple objects
- Identify opportunities for better data governance through the creation of flows, processes, and validation rules
- Develop protocols for triaging, prioritizing, delegating, and monitoring data hygiene issues
- Design and execute data input and data transfer protocols that ensure minimization of data errors
- Define shared cross-team responsibilities for data fixes and how they are escalated (e.g. responsibilities of users vs. technical staff), as well as dependencies on training, compliance, access to tools, data validation, etc
- Define and develop critical onboarding training and materials related to data management, acquisition, privacy, etc. in partnership with Training team
- Update and maintain Salesforce system documentation
- Exhibit strong customer empathy in identifying and building solutions to address user needs
- Develop an understanding of ACLU and fundraising specific business processes
- Current Salesforce Administrator Certification
- A solid understanding of Salesforce’s technical and functional capabilities, and the interest in staying atop of Salesforce updates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills working with a cross-functional set of stakeholders (support, training, end users, product managers, and developers)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills (written, spoken and presentation-forms)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Salesforce objects, fields, page layouts, workflows, process builder, validation rules, permissions, roles, reports, dashboards, and logical formulas
- Experience with Data Loader or data integration
- Experience with data analysis and report creation
- Experience working with a support & training team and directly with end-users
- Strong project management skills
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- 1+ years of experience in a Salesforce Administration role
- Experience with fundraising practices in non-profit organizations
- Experience working in a Salesforce organization with over 100 users
- Familiarity executing SOQL queries
ABOUT THE ACLU
For 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.