ABOUT THE JOB
- Work with ACLU management and staff, third party security consultants, and managed service providers to assess risks, establish priorities, conduct reviews, and implement solutions
- Design, implement, and operate information security best practices and procedure
- Develop and manage security and process documentation
- Ensure that required security control initiatives are executed on schedule and in line with the ACLU's Information Security program objectives
- Develop and manage metrics and reporting designed to measure Information Security program effectiveness and ensure compliance with ACLU policies, compliance regulations, and industry best practices
- Partner with training staff to develop and continually iterate on security awareness training curriculum
- Monitor external threat environment to ensure ACLU is responsive to near and far term threats
- Respond to and resolve cyber security threats that may impact the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of ACLU systems and affect constituents or personnel
- Iterate and evolve security program based on risk and organizational growth
- Serve as security subject matter expert on new and ongoing technology projects to assess risk and recommend solutions
- Provide guidance and support in the assessment and selection third party vendors and platforms
- Perform vendor security reviews on existing and upcoming vendors
- Act as security adviser and subject matter expert for ACLU affiliate IT practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology processes, risks, infrastructure, and information security
- Experience designing and operating enterprise security controls
- Experience with incident response and handling
- Experience with both windows based enterprise infrastructure and cloud applications and environments
- Knowledge of web security best practices, including certificate management, encryption protocols, and common vulnerabilities
- Expertise with security assessment methodology and vulnerability management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate complex issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders across departments and affiliated organizations
- Excellent problem solving and strong project management skills
- Commitment to ACLU mission
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in IT security operations in an enterprise environment
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.