ABOUT THE JOB
- Significant experience deploying and maintaining a modern web application in production in a cloud-based environment (e.g., AWS, Netlify, GCP, Azure, Now)
- Experience with one or more server-side languages and frameworks (e.g. node.js, Python, Flask)
- Experience implementing and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline and best practices around health
- Experience implementing a robust testing strategy for web applications
- Experience monitoring and measuring performance of web applications
- Experience reducing complexity in micro-service oriented architecture
- Solid understanding of HTTP, SSL termination
- Ability to define technical vision and articulate the need for new initiatives
- Ability to focus on key priorities and pragmatic solutions, and to adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Desire to develop and promote DevOps best practices across a team, including configuration management, monitoring and logging, security, privacy, and auto-scaling
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Experience architecting microservices and maintaining scalable REST APIs
- Experience managing and administering CMS code and deployments
- Experience with WP Gutenberg and deploying WordPress in a “headless” application
- An "open by default" stance preferred, demonstrated by a track record of developing and releasing software in public with open licenses and open data sets, in collaboration with other aligned organizations and software communities
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.