ABOUT THE JOB
The ACLU seeks a full-time position of Senior Software Engineer in the Product & Technology Department of the ACLU’s National office in New York, NY.
The ACLU’s Product & Technology team partners with departments across the ACLU in order to build and maintain innovative, robust and secure digital products and technical systems that accelerate the ACLU’s mission as our nationwide guardian of rights and liberties. We are a team of engineers, designers, product managers and administrators who take pride in creating technical solutions that help raise money, get our message out in the world, mobilize our supporters and manage our data with integrity.
- Significant experience developing software for full-stack or backend systems as a member of a cross-functional product & technology team
- Experience modeling, designing, and administering RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) in a production environment
- Experience developing data pipelines and other data warehouse solutions in a production environment
- Experience deploying and managing applications hosted in cloud environments (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure, Heroku)
- Experience integrating platforms with 3rd party products (e.g. Sailthru, Salesforce)
- Familiarity with Salesforce technology and landscape, or a willingness to learn
- Experience implementing automated testing frameworks and testing strategies (e.g. unit tests, E2E tests)
- Experience implementing monitoring, alerting, and performance metrics for server-based applications
- Familiarity navigating unix systems via the command line
- Familiarity with modern web development
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.