ABOUT THE JOB
The Deputy Chief Digital Engagement Officer is responsible for generating a suite of original content that drives audiences to action across all ACLU channels. This can include original storytelling through multimedia on the website, compelling and hard-hitting graphics to be shared through social channels or an ongoing narrative experience for subscribers to the ACLU blog. They act as translator-in-chief, bringing the important and impactful work of the national and affiliate staff to the world in an understandable and effective manner. Their team is growing rapidly and already includes a dozen content specialists. They are one of two thought-partners with the Chief Product & Digital Officer responsible for producing new ideas and also cultivating idea generation from their teams. Along with these significant responsibilities, there are multiple opportunities for professional development and mentorship — this is a role where an ambitious and talented individual could grow quickly into a visionary, senior leader in a large impactful national organization.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to public service and are inspired by the essential work of the ACLU’s 1,500+ nationwide staff and almost 2 million community supporters
- You are an experienced manager who understands how to nurture great people and help them grow into leaders, how to build their confidence and create a results-driven culture of supportive risk-taking and experimentation
- You are a creative and natural storyteller, especially using visual tools, and have a demonstrated facility with multimedia storytelling and graphic design
- You love great design, fascinating content and are ambitious about new internet trends, tactics and viral social content
- You care deeply about audience engagement and experiences on websites, YouTube, multiple social channels and understand how to create an integrated and excellent experience for the ACLU community
- You are comfortable with nimble, responsive work that reacts to the world as well as changing it and you’re confident when wading into new areas and learning as you go
- You are committed to the mission of the ACLU
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- You commit to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The ACLU makes every effort to assure that its recruitment and employment provide all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.