ABOUT THE JOB
The Director of Paid Media manages a large budget and multiple large vendors. They have the opportunity to create and lead a strong, holistic, overarching paid media strategy and work closely with multiple departments within the organization as well as being a leader within the national digital team. They are the internal advocate for paid media strategies and understand how to use resources efficiently and creatively to boost growth, fundraising, political objectives and general engagement. They also provide a strong audit and management system to vendors to ensure objectives are reached and feedback on performance is given regularly.
This is a cross-functional role with the possibility of growth from a single Director to a team of paid media strategists managed by the Director.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to public service and are inspired by the essential work of the ACLU’s 1,500+ nationwide staff and almost 2 million community supporters
- You have significant experience with paid media in a political context and understand the field of rapid response message creation and dissemination
- You are hungry for a leadership opportunity and growth as an idea generator in a dynamic team
- You are an excellent collaborator, able to move seamlessly between teams and departments and can answer to multiple goals and objectives at the same time
- You have experience managing large budgets and major vendors in the paid media space and are able to keep excellent track of expenditures and results in a way that is easily communicated to multiple stakeholders
- You are committed to the mission of the ACLU
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- You commit to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
In lieu of a cover letter, please submit your answers to the three questions below: