ABOUT THE JOB
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts, primarily in the area of professional services, technology and hotels/venues
- Assist as needed with other types of contracts, ethics inquiries and corporate compliance matters
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commit to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- A JD degree from an accredited university
- Two years’ experience practicing corporate law in an in-house or law firm environment, with a focus on contracts
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Familiarity with the law of tax-exempt organizations
- Experience with technology contracts
- Experience with hotel/venue contracts
- Familiarity with intellectual property law
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.