ABOUT THE JOB
- Coordinate initial response for donor inquiries from mail, email, and phone, which includes generating information packages, liaising with Member Services, and assigning necessary follow-up for Associate Directors
- Coordinate response to life income gift requests by creating proposals from planned gift software, and assembling and mailing donor cultivation materials
- Generate life income gift contracts, which includes direct follow-up with donors, liaising with internal departments and outside consultants, and ensuring the prompt processing of checks and executed contracts
- Track individual donor activities; maintain and update donors’ gift records in the database; maintain donors’ electronic and paper files
- Assist the Associate Manager, Gift Planning with the coordination of the Gift Planning direct mail and DeSilver Legacy Society portfolios, which includes task and activity assignments, donor cycle management, and data hygiene
- Assist the Deputy Director and Associate Directors of Gift Planning with special projects, stewardship coordination, and direct mail as needed
- Assist local affiliate offices with Gift Planning questions and requests for materials. Update and manage the PG information available on the internal ACLU website
- Conduct research on donors and prospects as necessary in order to prioritize solicitation and stewardship activities
- Serve as a point of contact for Gift Planning by managing incoming phone calls, opening and routing direct mail and monitoring three gift planning e-mail boxes
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office; a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
- Handle other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years administrative-related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and proofreading
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization to donors as well as interface with all levels of staff at the national office, local affiliates, and with volunteers while maintaining tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Must be motivated and a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects; superior attention to detail with strong follow-through
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet usage
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
- Work experience in Development/fundraising or large nonprofit setting
- Experience using fundraising databases, Salesforce a plus
- Familiarity or interest in Planned Giving
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.