ABOUT THE JOB
- Work with stakeholders to understand goals and requirements through a user-centric mindset
- Work closely with other designers, developers, and product managers
- Ability to collaborate on product vision, balancing trade-offs in speed and scope
- Ability to collaborate with writers and subject matter experts to create content that is clear, intuitive and user-centric
- Design user interfaces through wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, and map out information architecture and user flows
- Conduct user research to explore opportunities, evaluate usability, and contextualize quantitative data about user behavior
- Comfortable executing within existing brand guidelines and adapting it to interactive experiences on web and mobile
- Portfolio reflecting 3+ years of experience creating and shipping work, with your role clearly defined in each project
- Strategic problem solving skills and the capacity to distill complex information into meaningful concepts, ideas, and designs
- Experience collaborating with other designers, giving and accepting constructive criticism
- Comfortable communicating and presenting work to stakeholders
- Fluent in visual design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or Figma
- Strong foundation in visual design, user experience, and systems design
- Deep understanding of responsive web design, web standards, accessibility best practices
- A positive attitude, open and adaptable, and passionate about good user experience
- Familiarity with measuring and evaluating changes in user behavior through A/B testing, feature flagging, and other forms of incremental rollout
- Experience conducting different forms of qualitative user research, including interviews, surveys, and usability testing
ABOUT THE ACLU
For almost 100 years, the ACLU has worked to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.