The purpose of the consultant(s) is to assess diversity, equity, and inclusion among team members at the ACLU of Virginia. The consultant(s) will review current policies and make recommendations for engagement and advancement to ensure every individual has the opportunity to grow, contribute, and develop to their full potential.
Key objectives include:
- Creating and/or administering staff-wide climate assessment to provide a foundation for future work and to guide staff dialogues.
- Facilitating at least three staff dialogues based on areas of need identified through the climate assessment.
- Reviewing current policies included in the ACLU of Virginia’s Policies and Procedures Manual and making recommendations.
- Recommending goals, metrics for goal-setting, and evaluation mechanisms to track progress towards those goals.
- Identifying areas of opportunity to improve staff retention and equity within the office.
- Providing resources and tools to support ongoing learning, development, and engagement.
- Understand the ACLU-Virginia’s mission and purpose, as well as how diversity, equity, and inclusion impact organizational cohesion and efficiency
- Connect diversity, equity, and inclusion back to work processes and work design
- Understand diversity, equity, and inclusion in the context of organizational and cultural change
- Understand systemic issues of discrimination, and apply a broad and expansive definition of diversity
- Be reliable and professional, communicate clearly, be reasonably available, respond to messages, and honor deadlines and commitments
- Possess a strong leadership ability and willing to work with DEI Committee, Executive Director, and other staff members throughout the process to formulate a plan specific to the ACLU of Virginia.
- Able to evaluate metrics, climates, data, etc. and make helpful recommendations, both in the short-term and in developing long-term goals and plans
- Understand key concepts within equal employment opportunity and affirmative action issues
Successful proposal will include the following:
- Clear outline of work and timeline for completion
- Climate assessment and policy analysis prior to October 30, 2019
- Dialogue, resources, sustainability and action plans to begin by September 2019 and completed prior to March 30, 2020
- Costs and fees
- Professional references
- Examples of successful project or client work
- Dialogue proposal and facilitation strategy
- How you heard about this opportunity
Please note that the ACLU of Virginia reserves the right to choose one or more consultants to complete the work included in this request for proposals (RFP). Vendors not willing to accept award of partial bid must so indicate as part of their proposal. Partial bids from vendors will be accepted.