The Linux Training Architect role
EMPOWER | INSPIRE | EDUCATE
Our Training Architects are cloud experts who love sharing their knowledge of and passion for cloud computing with others. They are part technical SME, part coach and are fueled by a love of learning about the latest cloud technologies. Training Architects make and maintain the content on the A Cloud Guru online learning platform - basically the video lessons, live lab environments, assessments, study guides and flashcards that our students love. They are supported by a dedicated content team that includes content managers, video editors, technical reviewers and learning specialists. So even if training or content creation isn’t something you’ve done before, you will have all the support you need to turn your passion into expertise.
As a Training Architect you’ll have the opportunity to become a global thought leader and help our global community to gain new skills, advance their careers and improve their organisations.
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Everyone on our team genuinely cares about our students, the quality of their education, and what that can mean for their careers and their lives.
Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
What makes the Content Team awesome...
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way.
Based on the latest learning techniques and infused with humor, our content is more than meets the eye, transforming novices into gurus faster than robots turn into semi trucks. To get our students on top of the cloud, we have to get there ourselves. We dedicate time each week to continued learning – from getting certs to brushing up on presentation skills.
We're given the freedom to try things out, and set our own agenda, and leave our mark on the company. - Nick, Lead Educational Design Architect
As a Linux Training Architect at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Use your advanced Linux skills to create learning content that will not just educate but give practical professional skills to our global learning community
- Help people grow and develop their careers
- Become a thought leader in the cloud computing space
- Attend the biggest and best cloud conventions like Google Next
- Learn about and work hands-on with the latest Linux tools and products
We are looking for someone who can:
- Learn how to create our trademark A Cloud Guru learning content including real-world, hands-on and scenario driven labs
- Work closely with the content team and their feedback to deliver content to schedule
- Engage and communicate effectively with the cloud community
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Linux
- Knowledge of Linux CLI and Bash
- Experience working with a cloud environment
- Experience in programming languages (Python, Rust, Golang, etc.)
- A passion for teaching or mentoring and to help others grow
- Ability to explain and translate technical concepts in simple and easy to understand terms
- An interest in connecting with the Linux community through meetups/events (virtual)
- Some travel to technology events may be requested in this role
This role is different than industry standard roles. If you're unsure if you're a good fit or have questions about the day-in-the-life, click here to watch videos of Training Architects answering your questions.
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- Remotely awesome. Get funds to level up your home office and internet, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, and weekly lunch funds.
- Remote first environment. Feel connected to your coworkers with events inspired by our values, weekly virtual happy hours, and lunchtime trivia.
- Weekly idea hours. We dedicate 2 hours every week to put aside our normal work to focus on learning something new
- Expand your family. We offer gender-neutral paid parental leave above the required minimum in all our locations.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new
The A Cloud Guru team has grown a lot since it was just two brothers with a dream of teaching the world to cloud! We now employ gurus in 30 states of the USA as well as in Australia and the UK. For the time being that’s as far as we can go. We won’t bore you with the details, but setting up the extra operations we would need to employ people in new states or countries is a little bit more expensive than replicating your database in another AZ, if you know what we mean. So as much as we would love to have staff in as many countries as we have students, we are only opening this role to applicants in areas we currently have operations.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.