The Product Designer role
EXPERIMENT | INNOVATE | ITERATE
Our goal is to teach the world to cloud and this Product Designer role is key to ensuring that we continue to bring a human-centered experience to our customers. As part of our Assessments team you'll get a unique opportunity to work on both B2B and B2C products solving complex problems leveraging off your understanding of both of these customer types, and how they interact with each other.
We're not just looking for a creative problem solver with great design skills, we're after someone who has an innovation mindset, resilience and an openness to shifting priorities where needed. If this sounds like something you'd love to be a part of please read on and apply below!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. We are 100% grounded in what's right for the customer and the customer experience. That gives us the confidence to be bolder, more playful, and more genuine than other companies. It's all about leaving everything we touch just a little bit more awesome.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.
What makes the Product team awesome...
We hold a high bar for product excellence. We’re always looking for creative ways to go above and beyond ‘good enough.’ From surprise pop ups to funny lines during loading, our product managers and designers know that putting that extra bit of effort makes learning awesome. Located in Australia and the US, our team creates best-in-class products for users all over the globe.
If you're down to earth and enjoy a laugh while also working hard you'll love it here. - Joanna, Avocado to Guac Ratio Guru (and Product Manager)
As a Product Designer at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to identify and deliver key product experiences, whilst balancing continuous improvement of existing features
- Ideate, hypothesise and rapidly test solutions to validate customer understanding
- Produce prototypes, wireframes and hi-fidelity designs to communicate and discuss concepts with internal and external stakeholders
- Take complex product processes and interactions and transform them into streamlined and intuitive experiences
- Represent design and the voice of the customer in your product team
- Design to incorporate brand in every part of the product experience, to ensure an enjoyable and consistent learning experience
- Contribute to weekly rituals; stand-ups, sprint planning, retros
- Collaborate with the Product Design team to contribute to improving systems of work such as Design Crits, Design Systems or Research practices & processes
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 2+ years experience in software Product Design
- Experience creating intuitive, inclusive and beautifully designed products
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Framer, and Principle
- Experience validating assumptions and experiments with research and data
- A continuous learning mindset, particular to gaining a deeper understanding of product design best practices and tooling
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, making trade offs and ensuring goals are aligned with the product and business
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 5 weeks annual leave + sick leave + holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $700 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or socially distanced fun events.
- $1,000 USD continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 USD a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new.
- Get certified on us. A Cloud Guru will cover the cost of sitting all industry cloud certifications.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a touch of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, cloud gurus!