The AWS Training Architect role
EMPOWER | INSPIRE | EDUCATE
Our Training Architects are cloud experts who love sharing their knowledge of and passion for cloud computing with others. They are part technical SME, part coach and are fueled by a love of learning about the latest cloud technologies. Training Architects make and maintain the content on the A Cloud Guru online learning platform - basically the video lessons, live lab environments, assessments, study guides and flashcards that our students love. They are supported by a dedicated content team that includes content managers, video editors, technical reviewers and learning specialists. So even if training or content creation isn’t something you’ve done before, you will have all the support you need to turn your passion into expertise.
As a Training Architect you’ll have the opportunity to become a global thought leader and help our global community to gain new skills, advance their careers and improve their organizations!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
At ACG, you have the chance to help people change the trajectory of their lives. The chance to create the learning that helps businesses stay in business. The chance to teach the WORLD to cloud, all while working some magic for your own career along the way. Being able to deliver quality content infused with personality and a human touch is the core of what we do as a business. What we do for our learners is serious business, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. It's all about bringing insatiable curiosity to our roles every day and leaving everything we touch just a little bit more awesome.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity. Who we work with is as important as what we do.
What makes the Content Team awesome...
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way. Behind the scenes, our content team is supportive and encouraging. Always pushing the person next to them to dream a little bigger, and offering a hand when help is needed.
If you’re motivated, energetic, a tinkerer, a thinker, an envelope-pusher, and just a wholesome, friendly people-person you’ll do well here. – Angela, Dancing Guru (and Community Content Development Director)
As an AWS Training Architect at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Create AWS learning content
- Keep up to date with relevant technologies and AWS practices
- Prepare video courses, presentation materials, Hands-On Labs, assessment questions and supporting resources
- Deliver content to schedule and standard
- Work collaboratively with team including taking in feedback
- Produce face to camera content as required (don't worry, we’ll train you on this!)
- Meet SLAs for customer ratings and updates
- Respond to customer feedback
- Update content to ensure that it remains technically and aesthetically correct
- Deliver and maintain courses so that they achieve the required rating based on set OKRs
- Engage with Community
- Answer student questions on forums
- Respond to escalated support tickets
- Attend community events such as meetups and conferences (virtually and in person)
- Communicate effectively with student customers
- Review course content from other instructors
- Conduct technical review of course material
- Conduct QA on things like audio quality
- Collaborate with passionate team members!
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years hands-on experience working with AWS
- Knowledge of and experience with Terraform, Containers, and Kubernetes
- Experience providing mentoring, training or coaching
- Ability to explain and translate technical concepts in simple, easy to understand terms
- Bonus points if you've made contributions to the AWS community through e.g. blogging, meetups, forums, YouTube channels, conference participation, open-source code projects etc.
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Remote first environment. Feel connected to your coworkers with events inspired by our values, weekly virtual happy hours, and lunchtime trivia.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.