The Business Development Representative
CURIOUS | CONSULTATIVE | MOTIVATED
As a Business Development Representative, your job is to help grow our B2B business by driving new business opportunities. This role focuses on outbound lead generation and will partner closely with our Account Executives to engage and drive relationships with new prospects. If you have worked in a similar role, are skilled in researching clients and contacts, and have experience crafting outreach cadences, we hope you will read on!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
Cloud is the future and we're here to send as many into that future as we can. A Cloud Guru is the leader in cloud learning with the largest online cloud education platform on the planet. The market for cloud spend is going through hyper growth, and we're the platform that is helping businesses carve out their competitive advantage. In today's world, it's no longer the big that eat the small. It's the fast that eat the slow. And ACG and cloud computing... we're moving FAST.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.
What makes the Sales team awesome...
It's all about having a growth mindset. We're surrounded by the support we need to be successful, whether it be the tools, playbooks, or coworkers sharing best practices. We are focused on taking advantage of this once-in-a-lifetimes opportunity. Because if we do, we can change the world through education while doing a little magic for our own careers along the way. We believe that hunger and passion are great, but they’re nothing without humility. We’re a team that puts our students first and checks our egos at the door. Think: less chest beating, more high fives.
It makes a difference when you can get out of bed in the morning selling something that’s doing actual good. And that businesses actually want. Organizations all over the world, of all sizes, in every industry, are facing a major challenge and opportunity with cloud. We reach out to these businesses with real value, because we have a product they need. –Madeline, Fitness Guru (and Relationship Manager)
As a Business Development Representative at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Manage the outbound lead generation and qualification process for A Cloud Guru
- Convert prospective client conversations into qualified opportunities
- Work directly with our Account Executives to create strategic outbound cadences
We are looking for someone who can:
- Deliver A Cloud Guru's unique value proposition to prospective clients
- Relentlessly track activity in Salesforce while using Salesloft and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Meet monthly metrics and elevate lead quality
- Partner with our Account Executives to meet company sales goals
- Collaborate with other sales teammates to create a winning culture
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 1+ year working in an outbound sales role, meeting monthly quotas
- Previous positions have included heavy prospecting and creating qualified opportunities
- Experience prospecting via phone, email, LinkedIn, and using other methods (ACG uses Salesloft, Outreach, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator).
- Proven success crafting outreach cadences, tracking activity via a CRM tool (ACG uses Salesforce).
- SaaS and Subscription-based selling is a plus (but not a requirement)
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility and kindness. Teamwork and collaboration are key to our collective success. - Julian Wragg, Head of EMEA Sales
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 5 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get £400 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and £40 a monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or socially distanced fun events.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.