The Product Manager role
CUSTOMER-FOCUSED | DRIVEN | COLLABORATION
We're looking for a driven Product Manager to join our newly formed Search & Discovery team, working cross-functionally to create an intuitive search and personalised discovery experience, helping students find the best learning tools for their needs. We want to help people meet their potential by training them in the latest and greatest of all things cloud. We are looking for people who share these values with us by creating the best experience for our internal stakeholders and millions of customers. Using the voice of customers, you will define what the future of the platform looks like to service ACG users far into the future. If this sounds like you, please read on and apply below!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. We are 100% grounded in what's right for the customer and the customer experience. That gives us the confidence to be bolder, more playful, and more genuine than other companies. It's all about leaving everything we touch just a little bit more awesome.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.
What makes the Product team awesome...
We hold a high bar for product excellence. We’re always looking for creative ways to go above and beyond ‘good enough.’ From surprise pop ups to funny lines during loading, our product managers and designers know that putting that extra bit of effort makes learning awesome. Located in Australia and the US, our team creates best-in-class products for users all over the globe.
If you're down to earth and enjoy a laugh while also working hard you'll love it here. - Joanna, Avocado to Guac Ratio Guru (and Product Manager)
As a Product Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Reimagine and optimise the search and browse experience for students and ensure we are providing continuous learning guidance through highly relevant recommendations
- Understand the user today and correlate company strategy to define who could be the users in the future
- Use user research and data to define the roadmap and get buy in from executive stakeholders
- Create, prioritize and refine requirements using discovery and data to drive your decisions
- Use Product Management best practices to manage deliverables across tactical priorities and strategic objectives
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with different groups of stakeholders, including but not limited to Product Designers, Engineerings, Go to Market teams and Senior Leadership
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to solicit feedback while creating incremental improvements in both product and processes
- Ship high quality features regularly
- Understand customer research practices, user research tools and methods to support data collection
- Develop hypotheses, run experiments and synthesize data to optimize the user experience
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager within the software space, working in cross-functional teams
- Some experience working within a search, discovery or heavily data-driven feature / platform focused on developing personalised user experiences (think content recommendations, 'For You' playlists just like Netflix or Youtube!)
- Demonstrable experience prioritising effort and building roadmaps in sometimes ambiguous conditions
- Experience using analytical skills to gather, surface and interpret user data to help drive decision making
- Experience dealing with distributed internal and external stakeholders, experience working with global stakeholders preferred
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 5 weeks paid time off + sick time + holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $700 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or socially distanced fun events.
- $1,000 USD continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 USD a quarter to spend on personal development.
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new.
- Get certified on us. A Cloud Guru will cover the cost of sitting all industry cloud certifications.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a touch of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
The A Cloud Guru team has grown a lot since it was just two brothers with a dream of teaching the world to cloud! We now employ gurus in 30 states of the USA as well as in Australia and the UK. For the time being that’s as far as we can go. We won’t bore you with the details, but setting up the extra operations we would need to employ people in new states or countries is a little bit more expensive than replicating your database in another AZ, if you know what we mean. So as much as we would love to have staff in as many countries as we have students, we are only opening this role to applicants in areas we currently have operations.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.