The Public Sector Account Executive
BUILDER | HUNTER | CLOSER
As a Public Sector Account Executive at A Cloud Guru, you'll be responsible for closing new business deals and growing the accounts you sell over time. This is a high impact role as you’ll be working on a newly formed team, solely focused on growing our footprint with government entities. This role is for you if you are relationship driven, collaborative, curious and focus on delivering a great customer experience. We move at lightning speed and have loads of growth opportunities for people who thrive working in a fast-paced startup environment!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
Cloud is the future and we're here to send as many into that future as we can. A Cloud Guru is the leader in cloud learning with the largest online cloud education platform on the planet. The market for cloud spend is going through hyper growth, and we're the platform that is helping businesses carve out their competitive advantage. In today's world, it's no longer the big that eat the small. It's the fast that eat the slow. And ACG and cloud computing... we're moving FAST.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.
What makes the Sales team awesome...
It's all about having a growth mindset. We're surrounded by the support we need to be successful, whether it be the tools, playbooks, or coworkers sharing best practices. We are focused on taking advantage of this once-in-a-lifetimes opportunity. Because if we do, we can change the world through education while doing a little magic for our own careers along the way. We believe that hunger and passion are great, but they’re nothing without humility. We’re a team that puts our students first and checks our egos at the door. Think: less chest beating, more high fives.
You’re not coming into a machine that’s been working for 20 years — you’re coming in to build things. Sarah Hiking Guru (and Account Executive)
As a Public Sector Account Executive at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Own the full sales process from prospecting to close.
- Be on the forefront of our growth in the public sector and be an active participant in building our playbook.
- Work collaboratively with business partners who support your business, which includes partnerships, customer success, marketing, technical support, product and content.
- Develop & cultivate relationships within the various government entities and relevant vendors.
- Leverage our full stack of sales technology tools.
- Continue to work with and grow the accounts you introduce to ACG
We are looking for someone who can:
- Learn new technologies quickly and deliver A Cloud Guru’s value proposition
- Collaborate with other sales teammates to create a winning culture
- Practice operational rigor
- Demonstrate competency & ownership of the full sales cycle
- Deliver high impact meetings
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 8+ years of experience in a quota carrying sales role
- Experience and a track record of success selling into the public sector
- An understanding of the structure, operating model and purchasing methods for government entities
- Background in both new business sales and retention + growth
- A history of land & expand sales motions
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Experience in either learning & development or human capital management solutions is a plus
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of Sales
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.