The Technical Program Manager role
PLAN | ORGANISE | COMMUNICATE
As a Technical Program Manager at A Cloud Guru, you'll be the glue between the Product, Engineering and Go-to-Market teams, driving best practice and cross functional alignment between our teams. You'll assist in the product planning process, ensuring the right people are involved at the right time and align tasks across teams to ensure success when we deliver. You'll drive a constant heartbeat of information across the business, around the Product & Engineering team's activities and initiatives and be a go-to person for context and information on product releases. If this sounds like you -- please read on and apply below!
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
We’re not a training company that just decided to sell training courses. We grew up out of the cloud ecosystem. We were a bunch of cloud engineers who pulled people together to create a training platform. That’s why we’re genuinely passionate about what we create. And we are known for practicing what we preach.
What makes the Product & Engineering team awesome...
Learning to cloud means unlocking a world of possibilities for our students. Using the latest tech, we design the tools to teach people cloud faster and better. The team is talented (and a little quirky), and we’re all in it together.
- Cutting-edge tech We’ve built a product using cloud-first Serverless Architecture with tools like Lambda, API Gateway, GraphQL and ReactJS.
- Founded by engineers Having a CEO who’s also an engineer is nice — he knows the effort it takes to make things awesome.
- We don’t bite We’re friendly, down-to-earth, and collaborative. There are no high-performing jerks and no heroes. Just great teams.
- Hungry and humble We’re dedicated to learning all the things to create the best product possible.
If you're down to earth and enjoy a laugh while also working hard you'll love it here. - Joanna, Avocado to Guac Ratio Guru (and Product Manager)
As a Technical Program Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Help multiple cross-functional product teams of engineers, designers and product managers in the Customer Experience Alliance, do their best work in a fast moving, complex environment
- Partner with the Go-To-Market Program Manager to inform, plan and coordinate new product releases, enabling effective communication and collaboration
- Ensure planning timelines, dependencies, & risks are clearly articulated, agreed, and tracked throughout the product development process
- Foster a culture of information sharing in distributed and remote teams in Australia and the USA, collaboration and transparency across the business
- Break down silos of information across the business by implementing synchronous and asynchronous communication processes
- Craft concise and appropriate messaging such as progress updates from the Product & Engineering teams externally to the broader company, including the Leadership Team
- Champion communication and visibility best practices and help drive consistent systems of communication across the teams
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Technical Project or Program management experience; aligning teams, planning multiple initiatives and synchronising contributions towards combined outcomes
- Experience working within SaaS or Software product led businesses
- An understanding of Product Management, Product Design and Agile Software Development practices
- Experience adapting communication methods for technical, business and executive/leadership stakeholders
- Experience working with remote teams and distributed teams
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEO
More than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 5 weeks paid time off. Whether it’s hiking to a waterfall or bonding with your couch, we all need time to unplug
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. We offer 8 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave
- USD $250 quarterly education budget. All Gurus get USD $250 to spend on professional development every quarter
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new
- Salary Packaging. Our salary packaging benefit allows you to pay for certain everyday expenses, like your car lease or new laptop, with pre-tax dollars
- 5 mins from Flinders Street Station. Commuting is a breeze when the office is a 5 minute walk from Flinders Street Station
- Stocked kitchen. Lunches are catered twice a week, and our kitchen stays stocked with carb free, lactose free, and vegan friendly options
- Get certified on us. A Cloud Guru will cover the cost of sitting all industry cloud certifications
What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a touch of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, cloud gurus!