We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 1 million+ students learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Quarterly cumulative education allowance
- Salary packaging options through our partner Maxxia
- Catered lunch two times a week
- A well stocked fridge, kitchen, and espresso machine!
The Senior Software Developer (B2B Team) role
As a Senior Software Developer in our B2B team, you’ll help to build the products that allow our ACG for Business customers to adopt cloud training at scale. You’ll get the chance to work with a great bunch of Developers, who are passionate about helping our customers succeed.
We're big on giving our Devs the opportunity to work with the latest and greatest tools, our stack includes Node, React, GraphQL and AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFormation and others) all written in a Serverless Architecture. Our B2B Team are particularly big on testing frameworks too - we use Cypress and Jest for testing. We believe in giving our developers the chance to have a say, contribute to technical discussions and get a chance to learn / experiment with new technology - no matter what level of experience you have.
We are looking for someone who can;
- Write scalable, maintainable code for production systems in technologies such as Node, React and GraphQL, utilising various AWS services
- Ensure software products are well designed well built and have flexible architectures to meet the needs of today and the future
- Develop, refine and build various scripts, systems and tools to ensure seamless build, provisioning, deployment and monitoring of cloud services and components
- Be a technical leader in your team by providing guidance to other developers and by solving complex technical problems
- Contribute to creating a great team culture by role modelling a collaborative approach to working with team members
- Provide proactive mentoring to team members, using techniques such as pairing or technical discussions
- Evangelise strong software engineering practices like; TDD, continuous delivery, fast feedback, process automation
- Be creative, open minded and display passion for their craft
We're looking for a passionate, talented Senior Software Developer who loves technology and continuous learning to join our team. We would love for someone to bring with them a wealth of experience in software development in multiple different projects, languages and frameworks.
We're looking for someone who has;
- At least 6 years experience in commercial software development
- Minimum 12 months of formal or informal mentoring experience, e.g. pairing, mob programming, teaching new technologies to others etc.
- Extensive commercial experience designing and writing back-end apps using Node or multiple other languages (Ruby, C#, Java, Python etc.)
- Unit and end-to-end testing experience using any tooling (we use Jest and Cypress for testing)
- Extensive experience writing applications for public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure or other)
- Experience working with event-driven architecture in applications
- Exposure to deploying apps to AWS
- Extra points if you've written Serverless apps before!
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our shiny new office in Melbourne, Australia.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.