We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 1,000,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laugh together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Lead Data Engineer role
As the Lead Data Engineer you will play an integral role in enabling our data-driven culture at A Cloud Guru. You will lead the Data Engineering function, partnering and collaborating closely with our Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Business Operations functions. You and your team will strive to ensure our data systems are timely, performant, and accurate, which will build the foundation for a high functioning analytics team to work upon.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Lead the Data Engineering function at a hypergrowth company
- Build, maintain, and optimize data pipelines and sources of truth in order to enable accurate analysis
- Work cross functionally with teams and tools that touch everything from product and engineering to sales and customer success. To thrive in this role, that will mean not only communicating with these teams but having a deep understanding of their business challenges and reporting needs
- Utilize critical thinking skills daily to address the needs of rapidly growing and data driven company
We are looking for someone who can:
- Manage a variety of projects and requests at once, while also being able to adapt to the needs of a rapidly changing business. Effective prioritization and exceptional communication will be key!
- Learn new tools, technologies, and methods of performing the job at hand quickly and accurately
- Implement tested, production-ready Infrastructure as Code to build sustainable data pipelines in A Cloud Guru’s serverless environment
- Develop internal tools for monitoring data accuracy
- Lead, manage, and mentor a small but effective Data Engineering team
- Guide architecture and data model designs
- Build solutions that will not only solve today’s problems, but will scale with the company’s rapid growth. This may include building solutions to problems that have not yet become evident
If you have the following experience, we’d love to hear from you!
- 5+ Years of Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, or related experience
- Extensive experience with ETL development, data modeling, metadata management, and data quality
- Experience working with AWS services including DynamoDB, Glue, Lambda, S3, and Redshift
- Familiarity with python or an equivalent coding language
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Strong SQL skill-set
- Strong oral and written communication, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.