We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 950,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring out A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch two times a week
- A well stocked fridge, kitchen, and espresso machine!
- Quarterly continuing education allowance
The Director of Engineering role
We are looking for an awesome Director of Engineering to join our fast growing tight knit team! As the leader of our Engineering organisation, you'll get to create an environment in which teams can make strong, autonomous technical decisions and deliver great products to our customers. This role will have two direct reports, but will be responsible for a group of ~30 engineering gurus.
You'll champion best practices, create enabling process in teams and ultimately get the opportunity to help an awesome team of engineers grow in size and ability as we navigate into 2020 and beyond!
We are looking for someone who can;
- Evolve our Engineering Team structure as we grow and develop, by hiring high-performing people into our organisation
- Plan and prioritise team direction from an Engineering practice standpoint, set goals and metrics to understand success
- Facilitate and coordinate cross team initiatives and help cultivate communities of practice in our Engineering group
- Align our team to best application security practices, using a variety of different tools and methods
- Help develop our people from a technical and soft skill perspective
We're looking for a talented, high-performing and inspirational Engineering Leader who is comfortable in a fast growing business and can drive our Engineering Team to higher heights. If you enjoy making a big impact, love leading engineering teams and have an affinity for progressive technology this could be the role for you!
We're looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years in Senior Technical Leadership as a: Senior Engineering Manager, Director/Head of Engineering, VP or CTO in prior role/s
- Scaled Engineering Team/s rapidly and sustainably in past role/s, developing processes, practices and building great culture
- Excellent stakeholder management and leadership ability
- Experience writing software applications in some part of your career history
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our shiny new office in Melbourne, Australia.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.