We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 900,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch two times a week
- A well stocked fridge, kitchen, and espresso machine!
- Quarterly continuing education allowance
The Growth Data Analyst role
As a Growth Data Analyst at A Cloud Guru, you'll be responsible for supporting our Marketing organization with strategic reporting and insights. This role requires an individual who can break down complex business problems into actionable insights. The ideal skill-set for this role matches a passion for data, curiosity, and a tool-kit involving a combination of SQL, web experience, and exposure to another programming language (Python/R).
To succeed in this role you’ll need to help the team organize large data streams into usable and effective funnels to aid them in reporting and make recommendations that help our marketing team keep our students and teams successful. You will also be expected to identify opportunities for increased growth and efficiency in our marketing funnel. We’ll focus on teaching you all about the cloud while you’re here, but any knowledge in advance about AWS or general cloud practices will go a long way!
In this role you’ll get to:
- Bring to production statistical models and workflows to further acquisition efforts
- Work closely with development teams and product managers to enable their team's success through data
- Work with cloud software platforms (Redshift, Looker, Segment.io)
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to create insights and reports
- Explore creative ways to tackle data problems through traditional analytics and advanced statistics
- Work with the larger data team to contribute to and learn from a holistic data pipeline and best practices
We are looking for someone who can:
- Influence stakeholders through clear and concise data insights
- Work well with other teams and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Deal with ambiguous requests and drive towards identifying the source of problems
- Deliver accurate and professional reporting and insights
- Learn quickly and has an appetite for constant improvement and growth
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- 3+ years experience as a Data Analyst (or similar title)
- 2+ years experience with digital marketing, acquisition, and analytics
- 2+ years experience with tag management solutions, such as Adobe DTM or Google’s GTM, and web analytics tools
- Intermediate skill level and interest in predictive and/or statistical modeling
- Experience dealing with event stream data
- Experience with reporting tools (Looker, Tableau, Periscope Data, Chartio, etc.)
- Beginner to moderate SQL experience – R or Python experience preferred
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our shiny new office in Austin, Texas.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.