We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 900,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well-stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Controller role
As our Controller, you will work with our incredible Finance team to fine-tune our processes. You will own the global accounting and consolidated financial reporting under US GAAP audited annually. Our Controller will work closely with the VP of Finance to maintain, develop and enhance the account team’s roles.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Develop policies and procedures for the financial activities of the Company
- Identify areas in need of improvement in financial accounting applications and operational procedures
- Work with a hilarious Finance & Accounting team
We are looking for someone who can:
- Partner with key stakeholders including:
- Sales, Marketing, & Business Operations on key performance indicators
- FP&A Team on financial reporting, budgeting, and cash flow forecasting
- Legal on sales workflow to ensure compliance & a seamless order to cash process
- Own Equity Accounting for A Cloud Guru
- Proactively review changes in US GAAP and implement new procedures where applicable
- Ensure compliance with government and regulatory reporting requirements, including the Company’s local tax returns, with assistance from local tax consultants in the US, UK, and Australia
- Share ownership of the audit process with the Accounting Manager
- Implement new systems in our finance department
If you have the following experience, we'd love to hear from you!
- 8+ years’ experience in corporate accounting roles, 3+ years’ as a Controller in a SaaS Environment
- Experience working with SaaS or subscription-based customers
- Strong Accounting background with heavy reporting and fast-paced close schedules
- Experience in Equity Accounting - Carta experience is a plus!
- Experience working with commission plans
- Experience with Netsuite (Required) & Salesforce (preferred)
- Previous experience in a start-up or scale-up is highly advantageous
- MBA a plus
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk!
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.