Aclima delivers hyperlocal air quality data and insights, at block-by-block resolution. We combine leading-edge sensor technology, climate science, enterprise software and machine learning to generate high-resolution maps of emissions across pollutants –– from CO2 and methane to particulate matter. Translating real-time data into environmental intelligence, Aclima transforms how we understand and manage our communities, cities, and industries to improve human and planetary health. Aclima is a 2017 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, as well as one of the prestigious 2018 Global Cleantech 100 companies. For more information, visit www.aclima.io.
Our aim is to empower people to take action on air quality issues in their communities. We are looking for a user experience designer to design tools and that simplify problems and expand environmental intelligence. Take your love for combining creative design with logical problem solving to develop fluid and natural experiences.
We work in a relaxed, purpose-driven atmosphere which encourages rapid iteration, crazy ideas, and collaborative empathy. Aclima is unique in its breadth of multi-disciplinary work; expect to collaborate with climate scientists, electrical engineers, lab technicians, data scientists, product managers, and others on a regular basis.
If this sounds exciting, please apply to join our team! We would love to talk :)
What We Need
Help us design a web app that puts air quality data in the hands of the people who need it most. We are looking for a designer who can synthesize user research, lead interaction design efforts for this product. You should have a strong history of talking to users, determining goals or jobs-to-be-done, collaborating with product strategists to define product requirements and features, sketching user flows and application states, wireframing, prototyping and high-fidelity mockups.
- 2-3 years of experience designing products that have shipped
- Ability to constantly empathize with the user
- A solid portfolio with case studies explaining how you came to your research-based solutions
- Up to date with UX best practices and tools (we use Abstract, InVision, and Sketch)
- Constant desire to learn
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Degree in HCI or other related field
- Familiarity with Content Strategy best practices
- Studied human psychology or behavioral economics
- You know whether you work best as a generator or a synthesizer
- Experience designing for big data products
- Experience designing for enterprise products
- Experience with data visualization
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Aclima has made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment.
Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aclima employees work incredibly hard, and we work incredibly hard to thank them. We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits. You’ll appreciate our challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical/dental/vision, 401K, commuter and wellness, company events and an extraordinary culture.
Learn More About Aclima
- Driving Science: Mapping Air Pollution in Oakland - Aclima blog
- The High-Res Future of Anti-Pollution Tech - Google blog
- Getting Hyper-Local: Mapping Street Level Air Quality Across California - Google blog
- Incredibly Detailed Maps Show The Pollution From California’s Fires - Fast Company
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role. Please include the following in your application:
- An introduction: Who are you? What are you looking for? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What is your favorite map projection?