Aclima provides governments, businesses, and communities with a new class of environmental intelligence to reduce air pollution and climate-changing emissions.
Aclima was founded to deliver on its mission of protecting people and the planet by putting air pollution on the map, through an entirely new approach to environmental quantification and analysis. Since 2008, Aclima has been investing in extensive R&D to pioneer the science of hyperlocal air quality measurement and analysis. In parallel, we’ve been building the capabilities required to engage and support local communities, and deliver products that meet the unique needs of policymakers and businesses.
The company has developed and validated its science and technology through international deployments, partnerships with leading scientific institutions, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and deep collaboration with both the public and private sectors. Aclima holds some of the earliest patents in this space, for networked, wearable and mobile air quality sensing and associated methodologies.
Aclima was recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, was named one of the prestigious Global Cleantech 100 companies, and our CEO Davida Herzl has been named one of Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit www.aclima.io.
What you will do:
As the Head of Sales, you will drive conversion of a robust inbound sales pipeline by winning large government and business customers. Over time you will have the opportunity to build and lead a highly effective sales team, capable of dramatically expanding the reach and impact of Aclima products. To achieve this, you will:
- Provide leadership to a growing sales organization, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Exceed revenue targets for pipeline conversion and revenue growth, initially focusing on regulatory and natural gas utility customers.
- Work with Aclima’s contacts in government and business, and bring your own amazing network as well.
- Optimize sales processes to reduce friction and serve the business model.
- Recruit top caliber sales professionals and build processes to maximize their value.
- Collaborate closely with marketing to maximize benefit from demand generation, demonstration projects, and channel partnerships.
- Coordinate closely with Business Development to ensure seamless transition from prospect to customer.
- Manage ongoing forecasting process to ensure constant alignment of expectations with executive team, investors, and the board.
- Gather intelligence from customer prospects and provide valuable feedback to Product, Operations, Engineering, and other relevant teams for process and product improvements.
- 15+ years of sales management experience with multiple levels of reporting into the positions.
- Strong desire and proven ability to roll up sleeves and land customers.
- Deep familiarity with selling data-centric products and supporting business models.
- Proven ability to build scalable sales models and contracting structures for complex and evolving SaaS products.
- Passion for understanding and solving our greatest environmental challenges; an energy you will bring to the team and our customers.
- Hands-on management experience; capable of staffing, managing, mentoring and driving a highly motivated, diverse, inclusive, and productive sales organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of energy and resourcefulness, and adaptability.
- Strong sense of loyalty, teamwork and high personal integrity.
- A hunger to learn everything there is to know about Aclima’s products, customers, strategy, and the markets we’re defining.
- Ability to define appropriate short and long-range organizational goals, and put the accountability structures in place for achieving them.
- A track record of landing large government contracts.
- Successful experience selling to regulatory agencies and/or natural gas utilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We're taking steps to meet that goal, and have proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the deep fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, and improve planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.
Learn More About Aclima
- Driving Science: Mapping Air Pollution in Oakland - Aclima blog
- The High-Res Future of Anti-Pollution Tech - Google blog
- Getting Hyper-Local: Mapping Street Level Air Quality Across California - Google blog
- Incredibly Detailed Maps Show The Pollution From California’s Fires - Fast Company
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role.This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.